- SOFTBANK Corp. Japan established. Commenced operations as a distributor of packaged software.
- Entered publishing business, launching Oh! PC and Oh! MZ, monthly magazines introducing PCs and software by manufacturer.
- Changed trade name to SoftBank Corp.
Established SoftBank Frameworks Corp. (currently SB Frameworks Corp.)
- Established Yahoo Japan Corporation through joint investment with Yahoo! Inc. in the U.S.
- Listed on the First Section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Spun-off the distribution segment into SoftBank Commerce Corp.
- Established DeeCorp Limited.
- Established SoftBank BB Corp. (currently SoftBank Corp.) Merged distribution and broadband segments.
- Established BB Softservice Corp.
- Launched mobile accessory brand– “SoftBank SELECTION.”
- Launched e-procurement service–“PurchaseOne.”
- Established SoftBank Commerce & Service Corp.
- Changed trade name to SB C&S Corp.